Green IT Foundation
The Foundation Course in Green IT provides an entry-level introduction across the broad range of issues associated with use of information and communications technology (ICT) to achieve sustainable ICT operations and business practices. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the concepts, issues, techniques and challenges in delivering Green IT.
- The wider background to Green IT
- Establishing a Green IT Policy
- Establishing a Green IT Action Plan
- Concepts and techniques for internal assessment
- The risks and benefits of Green IT
- The techniques and technologies available to enable Green IT
- The role of Green IT across the organisation
- The roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders
- Understanding Green IT
- Lifecycle management
- Optimizing the Infrastructure
- IT as enabler
- Governance and processes for Green IT
IT professionals, business analysts, sustainability managers and business managers seeking leverage next generation ICT solutions to increase business efficiency whilst reducing costs and their environmental footprint.
There are no specific requirements for entry to the Green IT examination however candidates should possess basic IT skills and an appropriate level of knowledge and experience
Type: Multiple choice, 40 questions
Duration: 60 minutes.
Open Book: No
Pass Score: 65%, 26 out of 40