This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2005, as well as the best practices for implementing the information security controls of the eleven domains of the ISO27002. This training also helps to understand how ISO27001 and ISO27002 relate with ISO27003 (Guidelines for the implementation of an ISMS), ISO27004 (Measurement of information security) and ISO 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- To provide an understanding of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- To give knowledge of the basic concepts of ISO27001
- To prepare delegates for ISMS Foundation Certificate
- Understanding the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO27001
- Understanding the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- Knowing the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Information Security Management System
- Acquiring the necessary Knowledge to contribute in implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO 27001
- Members of an information security team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an IISMS
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 27001 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ISMS
- CEO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
There are no formal criteria or prerequisite for candidates wishing to attend Foundation course.
Type: Multiple choice, 40 questions.
Duration: 60 minutes
Open Book: No
Pass Score: 65%, 26 out of 40