Lean IT Foundation
The purpose of the Lean IT Foundation certificate is to certify that you have gained knowledge of the Lean IT terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of Lean IT practices. The Lean IT Foundation Certificate is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the Lean IT practices under guidance of a Lean expert. Lean IT is associated with the development and management of Information Technology products and services.
- Apply the principles of Lean IT practices to provide necessary insight into business services and support IT assets, employees and processes.
- Be acquainted with the use of several Lean IT analysis tools and have an understanding of the application of the Lean IT philosophy in an IT environment.
- Provide insight into customer experience and identify the cause of problems to increase customer satisfaction.
- Align business services with IT to evaluate a service delivery solution and identify and reduce non-value adding activity.
- Streamline and automate compliance processes to lessen cost and risk.
- Broaden skills on process efficiency with a strong emphasis on behavior
- Employee satisfaction increases (involvement)
- General knowledge of the origins of the Toyota Production System and insight into the five core Lean principles
- Understanding the definition and application of the Lean principle of value
- Understanding the definition and application of the Lean principle of value streams
- Understanding of the definition and application of the Lean principle: flow
- Understanding the definition and application of the Lean principle of pull
- Understanding the definition and application of the Lean principle: continuous improvements
- Understanding of the importance of Lean Management and its role in the implementation of Lean IT
- Understanding of the psychology of change and the role of the Lean change agent
- Knowledge of the content of a generic project plan for a Lean IT project
Management and employees of any organization planning to introduce lean need to have a basic understanding of lean thinking. There are no pre-requisites for candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification.
There are no specific requirements for entry to the Lean IT examination
Type: Multiple choice, 40 questions
Duration: 60 minutes
Open Book: No
Pass Score: 65%, 26 out of 40