COBIT® 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT® 5 foundation certification embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT® 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT® 5 training and certification helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
Obtaining the Foundation qualification will show that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to be able to:
- Introduction to COBIT® 5 Training Course
- A business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Understand the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Create awareness with your business executives and senior IT management
- Assess the current state of enterprise IT in your department or organization
- Scope which aspects of COBIT® 5 would be appropriate to implement.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework The business benefits of using COBIT® 5 The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model) How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
- The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to: Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT® 5 would be appropriate to implement.
- Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT. Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
- Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer or Assessor
There is no prerequisite to do this course.
Number of Questions – 50 Multiple Choice Questions, carrying 1 mark each
Duration – 1 hour
Passing – 50% (25 out of 50)