The Foundation level is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through a BRAND NEW end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables you to understand a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System (SVS).
ITIL 4 takes you through a more evolved view of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Know the purpose and key terms of 18 ITIL practices
- Understand 7 ITIL practices
- High level overview of ITIL v3’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 18 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organizational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the refreshed ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL, who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement program.
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
No Pre-Requisite for ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
Exam Type – 40 multiple choice questions carrying 1 mark each
Duration – 60 Minutes
Prerequisites – None
Supervised – Yes
Passing Score – 65% (26 marks out of 40)
Delivery – Paper based or Online