ISO/IEC 20000 foundation is an international standard that allows organizations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT service management.
The standard allows IT service provider organizations to achieve conformance with a service management system which requires them to continually improve their delivery of IT services. ISO/IEC 20000 was first released in 2005 and is now at the second edition. It aligns to the IT infrastructure library (ITIL®) best practice framework.
The adoption of ISO 20000 has grown rapidly in the international arena for both internal and external IT service providers and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
The Foundation is the entry level of the ISO/IEC 20000 examinations.
The purpose of the Foundation level is to confirm that the candidate has good/basic knowledge of the contents and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and understands how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization.
The Foundation meets the pre-requisite for entry to the Practitioner certification.
- To understand the implementation of an IT Service Management System in accordance with ISO 20000
- To understand the relationship between the IT Service Management System, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL
- To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an IT Service Management System
- To acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing an IT Service Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO 20000
- Members of an IT Service team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Service Management System (SMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 20000 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an SMS
Number of Questions – 40 Multiple Choice Questions, carrying 1 mark each
Duration – 1 hour
Open book exam – No
Use of electronic devices permitted during the exam – No
Pass mark – 65% (26 out of 40)